Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Prague!



Destination Prague and no time to prepare for the trip.


Upon my arrival, I was glad to find a copy of The Prague Post, a weekly publication in English. The list of galleries, museums, restaurants, bars, concert halls and more is exhaustive. I will not be able to attend all these venues. The choice is difficult.
To discover the city, I walked: Nove Mesto, Mala Strana, the old castle, Stare Mesto...my map is falling apart.
From "John Lennon Peace Wall" in Mala Strana, the Memorial to the victims of Communism or a recent landmark like the dancing house from Frank Gehry which catches the eyes of the visitors along the river, to castles, churches, Kafka's house, the walk becomes a history lesson.



from top to bottom:
the dancing house from Frank Gehry,
the Memorial to the victims of Communism from Olbram Zoubek, sculptor and the architects Jan Kerel and Zdenek Hoetzel
"John Lennon Peace Wall"
photographs by the author

No comments: